Written by Septriandi Chan and updated by Yusuf Mufti
Here some steps that should be completed after presenting a defense.
- Submit the defence report through the portal,
- Working on the corrections (if any),
- Print the final draft of thesis (in color), and get signatures from the advisor, co-advisor (if any), committee members, and department chairman,
- Submit the final draft to DGS, room 251 (Academic Affairs) for library correction,
- Collect KFUPM front page (hardcover) from the DGS office, room 254 (Rudy Jordan)
- You will receive an email after 2 or 3 days approx. and collect your final draft and working on the corrections from the library,
- Submit the final draft to DGS office (with KFUPM hardcover) to room 251 to get approve by the Dean of Graduate Studies,
- Once it approved, make several copies:
- Go to the secretary of your department ask him to make a request to printing department in building 21 (2nd floor) bring your own letter size paper (estimate the number of paper you need, 1 ream is 500 pieces, the price of 1 ream letter size paper is about 17 SAR),
- Printing in building 21 is black and white, if it requires color, you can print just the images in color and then replace. Color printing is available in baqala (the price is started from 1 to 5 SAR, depends on the size of color required).
- Thesis distribution will be: 1 original copy (unbound) and 3 bound copies along with 2 CDs containing the pdf file to DGS office, room 254, Mr. Rudy Jordan (CD sticker is available in the printer shop in the baqala, price 2 SAR/sticker), 1 bound copy along with 1 CD to the department, 1 copy for each committee members, 1 or 2 copies for personal. If your thesis grade is still IC, please contact the secretary of your department.
- Upload a pdf copy of thesis through the link http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/eprint_guide.aspx. Please login using the username (example g201402360) and password of internet access.
- Once you distributed all copies of your thesis; go to the portal, graduate studies, graduate student academic dashboard, and submit graduation process. At this point, the university will stop some services to you (example medical service and student card service)
- After few days, you will receive an email from the Dean of Graduate studies for Approval of Graduation process; next process will be clearance to collect our graduation certificate, final exit form, and final ticket (the clearance procedure is described below).
- Make sure to submit your thesis before the last day of faculty to submit a grade. Unless you can convince your advisor to give NP and the thesis report will be submitted later during the break (before new semester began). Successfully passed the thesis with “NP (No grade/Passed)” grade (end of the semester). If you are unable to get NP grade at the end of the semester then you will get “IC” grade. There are two cases: in the vacation, it can be changed by registrar only or in the new semester the department can change it anytime.
- Thesis binding price is 600 SAR + 30 SAR for VAT (min. 8 copies, max 11 copies). Updated February 13, 2018.
- Do not forget to attach the printing receipt, copy of iqama, student id, and bank account to Mr Rudy for reimbursement (you will receive 3,000 SAR after 2 weeks.
- The university will proceed the reimbursement and other money requests at around the 25th day monthly. Updated February 13, 2018.
- Location and Time. Location: https://goo.gl/maps/Zs1buer4EtB2. They are open at 8:00 am until before Dzuhur prayer, then they open again at 2:00 pm until before Isya prayer. They are closed on Friday. You are suggested to call them before you go. Their phone is 0138 423 897. Updated February 13, 2018.
- You will be required to come twice to the binding location. The first is for delivering the unbounded thesis whereas the second is for collecting the bounded copies. Again, you are suggested to call them before you go.
- The cost of transportation (taxi, Uber, Careem) to the binding location for one way is about 30-40 SAR.
- Download clearance form from the portal; Graduate studies, Quick links, clearance form for full-time graduate, student clearance, and download,
- For number 1 to 4 (Library, Bookstore, Security dept, Student housing), if student status shows (cleared), you don’t have to visit the department,
- For number 5 to 8 (Academic dept, Student Fund, Student Affairs, Registrar), you have to visit each of the departments in the order (following the number),
- Before getting a stamp on number 7 (Student services on the ground floor), you should create the final exit. Please visit student affairs department and fill the final exit form, then bring it with the passport to passport office at building 21, 6th floor to collect final exit letter.
- Before getting a stamp on number 8 (Registrar, second floor), please ensure your name is already published on the graduated list. If you can not find your name on the graduated list, please wait for few days.
- Once your clearance form is signed by all the departments, go to building 68, 1st floor, room 136 (Alumni office) to collect a graduation form,
- Fill the graduation form, and get sign and stamp by the student record office in building 68 (ground floor),
- After getting signed and stamped, ask one copy of clearance and student card from student record office as it will be required for the step number 11.
- Go back to alumni office, room 136 to collect degree certificate,
- Collect your final transcript, go to the registrar office, building 68, 2nd floor (you will get 1 transcript by free, and need to pay 10 SAR/additional copy),
- Go back to Dean of student affairs (the secretary), do not miss to submit copy of your iqama, student id, and bank account in order to collect book shipment allowance,
- Also, ask the secretary of Dean of student affairs to process your final ticket. You will get a quotation form. Bring it to Al-Fursan, get a quotation and return it back to him, after few days you will get an approval email and then you can continue to book your ticket.
There are some examples of documents which will be collected during processing some steps above.
|Hardcover, don’t forget put it in PDF as well
|Scanned signed paper, don’t forget put it in PDF as well|
|Letter from housing after returning key, it is used to collect 300 SR from student fund|